Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1855 - 1875
Terraced three-bay two-storey gable-fronted former presbytery, built c. 1865, now in use as retail outlet. Pitched slate roof and rendered walls. Pointed arch openings with timber sash windows. Oriel window to first floor central bay having carved supporting brackets, and with circular opening above.
This building was originally the presbytery of the old SS Peter and Paul's Church. Its architectural form makes a positive contribution to the streetscape, with notable features such as the pointed arch and oriel window contrasting with the more regular facades to the east and south. The building is an interesting former religious related structure in this formerly predominantly industrial area of the city.