Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1930 - 1950
Terraced two-bay single-storey electricity sub-station, built c. 1940. Flat roof. Rendered walls with decorative plaque, moulded eaves course having eaves corbels, and inset cast-iron down pipe. Raised render surrounds to vent and door opening. Metal doors to door openings.
This substation is representative of the design employed by the ESB in the mid twentieth century in Ireland. This functional building is a well-articulated building, with a high level of design and detailing. Notable features of the building include the inset channel for the cast-iron downpipe, moulded parapet and consoles, and the render plaque.