Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1840 - 1860
Terraced seven-bay four-storey commercial building, built c. 1850, now in use as retail outlet. Ground floor altered with display windows, and roughcast rendered walls. Pitched slate roof with rendered parapet. Rendered walls with render panel and continuous sill course to southern bays. Timber sash windows to upper floors.
This building makes a notable and positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the building, which is in keeping with the adjoining buildings to the north and south. Though the ground floor is now altered, the upper levels are enhanced by the retention of the timber sash windows and the slate roof.