Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1870
Terraced three-bay three-storey commercial building, built c. 1860, now in use as retail outlet. Rendered walls with remains of moulded shopfront, c. 1880. Timber casement and timber sash windows to upper floors. Fixed timber window to ground floor. Metal roller door and metal grill to ground floor openings.
The scale and form of this building make it a positive addition to the streetscape. The simple form of the building is enhanced by the retention of the remains of the late nineteenth-century shopfront. Well executed simple shopfronts such as this one are becoming increasingly rare in the Irish context, and are often replaced by historical pastiche.