Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1710 - 1740
End-of-terrace four-bay two-storey former house, built c. 1725, with flight of external steps to west gable leading to first floor. Now in use as retail outlets. Pitched tile with gabled dormer windows. Rendered walls with timber shopfronts c. 1990. Fixed timber window and timber glazed doors to segmental-arched openings with hood mouldings to ground floor of west gable. Replacement uPVC windows and door to upper floors.
The scale and form of this building make a notable and positive addition to the streetscape. The steeply pitched roof and flight of external steps at the west gable end leading to the first floor suggest an early eighteenth-century date. Though now altered and with many interesting features and materials removed, this building remains an interesting early eighteenth-century addition to this predominantly nineteenth-century area of the city.