Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1910 - 1920
Terraced single-bay two-storey commercial building, built c. 1915, as a pair with the adjoining building to the east. Flat roof with red brick parapet having moulded limestone copings and cast-iron railings. Red brick walls with limestone quoins, limestone continuous sill to upper floor, and having carved limestone pilasters with carved Ionic capitals to ground floor. Segmental-arched openings to upper floor, having ashlar limestone dressings and replacement uPVC windows. Timber shopfront with timber fixed windows and timber glazed door to ground floor.
Built as a pair with the adjoining building to the east, this pair is a notable addition to the streetscape. The red brick and ashlar limestone utilised in the construction of the building add colour and textural contrast to the streetscape. The building retains interesting features and materials, such as the cast-iron railings and carved limestone pilasters.