Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Terraced three-bay four-storey former house over basement, built c. 1830, as a pair with the adjoining house to the east. Now in use as public house and guesthouse. Pitched slate roof with rendered parapet and rendered chimneystack. Rendered walls to ground floor with roughcast rendered walls to upper floors. Replacement uPVC windows with raised render surrounds to upper floors. Round-headed door opening with replacement fanlight and timber panelled door to ground floor. Replacement uPVC windows to ground floor. Cast-iron railings set on limestone plinths to basement area.
Built as a pair with the adjoining former house to the east, this pair contributes to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the buildings. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced this building remains part of an imposing pair and retains much of it's original form.