Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Corner-sited end-of-terrace former pair of two-bay three-storey houses, built c. 1830, now a single four-bay three-storey building in use as flats. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and rendered parapet. Roughcast rendered walls. Tripartite timber sash window to ground floor. Pair of timber sash windows and replacement uPVC windows to upper floors. Round-headed door opening with timber panelled door having fanlight above, approached by flight of limestone steps.
This former pair of houses is a positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the former pair, which is imposing on this narrow hill. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, this building retains some timber sash windows, round-headed door openings, and limestone steps.