Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1860 - 1880
Terraced four-bay two-storey former house, built c. 1870, now in use as retail outlet and flats. Rendered walls with rendered parapet having raised render panel. Shopfront to ground floor comprising of render pilasters supporting render entablature, pair of timber panelled doors with toplight and fixed timber windows. Replacement uPVC windows and timber panelled door.
Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, this building retains a fine shopfront which is an interesting addition to the streetscape. This retail outlet is the only shop on Wellington Road, which is unusual for such a long street in an urban context. This shopfront retains many original features and materials, such as the pilasters supporting the entablature, the pair of timber panelled doors and the toplight.