Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1840
End-of-terrace three-bay single-storey over basement former wing of adjoining terraced house to the west, built c. 1820, now in use as hotel. Rendered chimneystack. Red brick walls with impost mouldings. Round-headed window openings to ground floor with recessed brick dressings and replacement uPVC windows. Segmental-arched openings to basement with timber sash windows. Round-headed door opening to side elevation, with timber panelled door having fanlight above. Wrought-iron railings set on limestone plinths to site.
Built as a wing to the adjoining house to the west, this building forms part of a notable group with the related pair of houses and wing to the west. This group forms an imposing piece in the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the buildings. The building retains many interesting features and materials, such as the round-headed and segmental-arched openings and wrought-iron railings and gate.