Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1815 - 1835
End-of terrace three-bay four-storey former house over basement, built c. 1825, as a pair with the adjoining house to the west. Now in use as offices. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and moulded parapet. Rendered walls and timber sash windows. Round-headed door opening with timber panelled door, side lights and fanlight. Flight of limestone steps leading to front door. Cast-iron railings set on limestone plinths enclose basement area.
Built as a pair with the adjoining building to the west, this pair of former houses is an imposing addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the pair. The building retains many interesting features and materials, such as the moulded parapet, timber doorcase, cast-iron railings and limestone steps.