Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1815 - 1835
Terraced three-bay four-storey former house over basement, built c. 1825, as a pair with the adjoining house to the east. Now in use as guesthouse. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and moulded parapet. Red brick walls to upper floors, with rendered walls to the basement. Timber sash windows, with replacement uPVC windows to the third floor. Round-headed door opening with timber panelled door, side lights and fanlight. Flight of limestone steps leading to front door. Cast-iron railings set on limestone plinths enclose basement area.
Built as a pair with the adjoining building to the east, this pair of former houses is an imposing addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the pair. The building retains many interesting features and materials, such as the moulded parapet, timber doorcase, cast-iron railings and limestone steps.