Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1830
Two-storey former domestic outbuilding, built c. 1820, now in use as school building. Pitched slate roof with a rebuilt red brick chimneystack. Rendered walls with timber sash windows inserted.
This former domestic outbuilding is an interesting reminder of Georgian planning and design. Stable and servant accommodation was often provided to the rear of the terraced house, and was accessed by either a rear laneway or by an integral carriage arch which would serve the terrace. Though now in use as a school building and obscured by later additions, this building retains a slate roof and timber sash windows.