Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1820
Terraced three-bay four-storey former house, built c. 1810, now in use as flats. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack. Rendered walls with segmental-arched window openings. Replacement timber casement windows. Pair of timber panelled doors with toplights, set in altered door openings.
This former house forms part of a significant group of buildings, built in the early nineteenth century, on both sides of St. Patrick's Hill, the north side of St. Patrick's Place, and part of Sidney Place. These former houses are interesting examples of late Georgian architecture in Cork city. The scale and form of this former house make it a positive addition to the streetscape.