Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1880 - 1900
Seven-bay three-storey former school with gabled end bays, built c. 1890, now in use as flats. Pitched slate roofs with terracotta ridge tiles, cast-iron finials, and timber bargeboards. Red brick English garden bond walls with yellow brick bands. Pointed arched openings with limestone sills, limestone voussoirs, and replacement windows. Pointed arch door opening, with traceried toplight and replacement timber panelled door.
The scale and form of this former school make it a notable and positive addition to the streetscape. The variety of materials utilised in it's construction, such as the red brick, yellow brick and limestone, make it a colourful addition to the streetscape. The building retains many original features and materials, such the timber sash windows, red brick, yellow brick and limestone. This red brick building forms part of an interesting group of late nineteenth-century former school buildings, with the red brick former school buildings to the east and west.