Categories of Special Interest
1890 - 1910
Six-bay three-storey former school extension with gablet, built c. 1900, now vacant. Pitched tile roof with red brick chimneystacks. Red brick English garden bond walls with yellow brick bands and limestone bands at sill levels. Segmental-arched openings with timber sash windows, some blocked to the ground floor.
The scale and form of this former school make it a notable and positive addition to the streetscape. The variety of materials utilised in it's construction, such as the red brick, yellow brick and limestone, make it a colourful addition to the streetscape. The building retains many original features and materials, such the timber sash windows, red brick, yellow brick and limestone. This red brick building forms part of an interesting group of late nineteenth-century former school buildings, with the red brick former school buildings to the east and west.