Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1840
End-of-terrace two-bay two-storey former house, built c. 1835, as part of a terrace of five houses. Now in use as crèche. Pitched tile roof with rendered chimneystack. Rendered walls, with decorative render entablature having render brackets over entrance door. Replacement windows to upper floors, with replacement doors to ground floor. Replacement cast-iron railings and gate to site.
This former house forms part of an interesting terrace with the adjoining four houses. The terrace makes a positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the buildings. Though many original features and materials have been removed, this former house is enlivened by the retention of the moulded render detail over the entrance door.