Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1890 - 1910
Gable-fronted double-pile former bakery, built c. 1900, now in industrial use. Pitched slate and profiled metal sheet roofs with timber bargeboards. Roughly dressed coursed rubble sandstone walls with remains of roughcast render. Red brick dressings to segmental-arched and square-headed window openings, with some timber windows. Double-height vehicular entrance inserted c. 1980.
This industrial building retains many interesting features and materials, such as the timber windows, red brick dressings and some slate. The segmental-arched openings are notable architectural features of the building. This building forms part of an interesting group of industrial buildings, with the red brick chimney to the west, the former nineteenth-century warehouse to the south, and the mid twentieth-century industrial building to the north. These buildings formerly related to Thompson's Bakery, which was an important bakery in the city.