Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1920 - 1930
Terraced single-bay two-storey commercial building, built c. 1925, now in use as retail outlet. Rendered walls with channelled render pilasters, entablature with central breakfront, and attic parapet. Bay window to first floor with timber casement windows. Timber shopfront to ground floor, with fixed timber window, timber glazed door and toplight.
The architectural form of the building expresses strong verticality, as it is a tall single-bay structure and has a tall shopfront to the ground floor. The treatment of the first floor façade is of particular interest, as the channelled render pilasters, detailed entablature with central breakfront, and plain attic create textural variations which enliven and enhance the building.