Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1890
Terraced three-bay three-storey commercial building, built c. 1880, formerly a single five-bay building with the adjoining two-bay building to the west. Now in use as retail outlet and fast food restaurant, and having dormer additions. Rendered walls with moulded render parapet, string courses and quoins. Square-headed openings to upper floors with moulded render architraves, some timber sash windows and some casement windows. Replacement timber shopfronts, with timber fixed window and timber glazed doors.
This three-bay building and the adjoining two-bay building to the west were formerly a single five-bay building. Though now in separate ownership, this pair of buildings continue to contribute to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the pair. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, this building is enhanced by the render detail to the upper floors, which enlivens and articulates to façade, and was clearly executed by skilled craftsmen.