Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1890
Terraced two-bay three-storey commercial building, built c. 1880, formerly a single five-bay building with the adjoining three-bay building to the east. Now in use as retail outlet with residential accommodation over. Rendered walls with moulded render parapet, string courses and quoins. Square-headed openings to upper floors with moulded render architraves and replacement timber sash windows. Replacement timber shopfront, with timber fixed window and timber glazed doors.
This two-bay building and the adjoining three-bay building to the east were formerly a single five-bay building. Though now in separate ownership, this pair of buildings continue to contribute to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the pair. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, this building is enhanced by the render detail to the upper floors, which enlivens and articulates to façade, and was clearly executed by skilled craftsmen.