Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Terraced three-bay four-storey former house, built c. 1830, now in use as restaurant and flats. Rendered walls with moulded render cornice and rendered parapet. Timber sash windows to upper floors. Remains of timber shopfront, c. 1890, comprising of timber fixed windows with carved details, flanking by timber glazed doors with overlights, having replacement pilasters supporting replacement entablature.
This former house makes a notable and positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the building. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, this building is enhanced by the retention of the timber sash windows and mounded cornice. The remains of the late nineteenth-century shopfront is of particular interest, and the finely carved details of the fixed windows were clearly executed by skilled craftsmen.