Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1950 - 1960
Terraced four-bay four-storey former school, built c. 1955, with single-bay two-storey breakfront to entrance bay at east end of façade. Now in use as retail outlet and flats. Limestone clad walls, with parapet and having raised surrounds to upper floor openings. Square-headed door openings, with carved limestone surround and pair of timber panelled doors having overlight. Replacement uPVC windows to upper floors. Replacement timber shopfronts, with timber fixed windows and panelled doors.
This building makes a positive contribution to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of this former school. The breakfront entrance bay is a notable architectural features of the building. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, this building retains well executed limestone clad walls and carved stone details.