Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1890 - 1900
Terraced five-bay four-storey former commercial building, built c. 1895, now in use as fast food takeaway and flats. Pitched slate roof with carved timber corbels to eaves. Rendered walls with moulded render platbands and having a pair of decorative plaques to upper floors. Moulded render aprons and cornices to upper floor openings, with replacement uPVC windows. Rendered walls to ground floor with moulding cornice, string course, imposts and plaques. Ground floor openings replaced, with timber shopfront to ground floor having timber fixed windows and glazed door.
The scale and form of this building make it a notable and positive addition to the streetscape. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, this building is enhanced by the retention of the moulded render detail and carved timber eaves corbels, which enliven and articulate the façade.