Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1870
Terraced four-bay three-storey commercial building, built c. 1860, with dormer addition. Now in use as retail outlet and offices. Pitched tile roof with rendered parapet, rendered chimneystack, and flat-roofed dormer addition. Rendered walls with moulded render eaves course. Timber sash windows to upper floors. Pair of shopfronts inserted to ground floor, having timber panelled doors, timber fixed windows and timber fascias.
This building is a notable and positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the building. The three-storey scale of many of the nineteenth-century buildings on the south-west end of Mac Curtain street creates continuity and character in this part of the city. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, this building retains some timber sash windows, and a moulded render eaves course.