Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1870
Terraced two-bay three-storey commercial building, built c. 1860, as a pair with the adjoining property to the west. Now in use as retail outlet and offices. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and rendered parapet. Rendered walls with moulded render cornice and having render platband at sill level of second floor. Segmental-arched openings to upper floors with moulded render surrounds and replacement uPVC windows. Aluminium fixed window and aluminium doors to ground floor.
Built as pair with the adjoining building to the west, this pair makes a positive and notable contribution to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the buildings. The three-storey scale of many of the nineteenth-century buildings on the south-west end of Mac Curtain street creates continuity and character in this part of the city. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, the building is enlivened and enhanced by the moulded render detail to the upper floors, which articulates the building.