Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1840 - 1850
Terraced single-bay three-storey former house, built c. 1845, with dormer addition. Now in use as public house. Pitched slate roof with rendered parapet, rendered chimneystack and dormer addition. Rendered walls with moulded render surrounds to upper floor openings. Tripartite timber sash windows to upper floors. Timber shopfront to ground floor, having timber matchboard doors and timber fixed window.
This former house is a notable and positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the building. The three-storey scale of many of the nineteenth-century buildings on the south-west end of Mac Curtain street creates continuity and character in this part of the city. The building retains many interesting features and materials, such as the tripartite timber sash windows, moulded render detail and slate roof.