Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1860 - 1870
Terraced two-bay three-storey former house with integral carriage arch to ground floor, built c. 1865, now in use as retail outlet. Pitched tile roof with rendered chimneystack. Rendered walls with timber sash windows to upper floors. Timber shopfront, c. 1900, to ground floor, comprising of pilasters flanking single and pair of replacement doors and fixed timber window. Cobbles and paving slabs to carriage arch entrance.
This former house is a notable and positive addition to the streetscape due to the scale and form of the building. The three-storey scale of many of the nineteenth-century buildings on the south-west end of Mac Curtain street creates continuity and character in this part of the city. The building retains many interesting features and materials, such as the timber sash windows, timber shopfront and the stone paving leading to the carriage arch.