Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1860 - 1870
Terraced two-bay three-storey former house with dormer attic, built c. 1865, now in use as offices. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and pair of gabled dormers having carved timber bargeboards. Rendered walls with shopfront to ground floor, comprising of rendered pilasters with chamfered edges, timber fixed window, timber panelled door having toplight, carved timber pilaster and carved timber cornice. Timber sash windows to upper floors.
This former house is a notable and positive addition to the streetscape due to the scale and form of the building. The three-storey scale of many of the nineteenth-century buildings on the south-west end of Mac Curtain street creates continuity and character in this part of the city. The building retains many interesting features and materials, such as the timber sash windows, carved timber bargeboards and slate roof.