Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
Terraced two-bay three-storey former house, built c. 1840, as a group with the adjoining buildings to the east and west. Now in use as public house and flats. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and rooflight. Rendered walls with platbands at sill levels of upper floors. Moulded render surrounds to upper floor openings, c. 1870. Timber sash windows to second floor, with replacement timber casement windows to first floor. Shopfront c. 2000 to ground floor.
Built as a group with the adjoining former houses to the east and west, the scale and form of this terrace make a positive contribution to the streetscape. The building is enhanced by the retention of the original timber sash windows on the second floor and by the moulded render opening surrounds which were added to the building in the latter part of the nineteenth century.