Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
Theatre/opera house/concert hall
1830 - 1850
Terraced two-bay three-storey former house, built c. 1840, as a group with the adjoining buildings to the east and west. Now in use as theatre. Mansard tile roof with dormer window, c. 1970. Rendered walls. Timber sash windows to upper floors. Paired timber glazed doors to ground floor. Cast-iron porch spanning pavement added 1999.
Built as a group with the adjoining former houses to the east and west, the scale and form of this terrace make a positive contribution to the streetscape. This building now forms part an interesting group of theatre buildings, with the auditorium to the south, and the stage entrance building to the east.