Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social

Original Use


In Use As

Amusement arcade


1890 - 1910


167735, 72156

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced gable-fronted three-bay three-storey former warehouse, built c.1900, now in use as amusement arcade. Pitched slate roof with limestone copings and finial. Arcade to ground floor with carved limestone engaged columns and voussoirs, having rendered walls above, up to sill level of first floor. Red brick walls with ashlar limestone string courses to first and second floors. Paired square-headed openings to first floor, and Venetian-style window arrangement to second floor, with ashlar limestone sills, lintels and voussoirs. Replacement uPVC windows to upper floors. Fixed timber windows and door to ground floor.


This building is of apparent architectural design and detail, and makes a positive and notable addition to the quayside. The materials utilised in it's construction, such as the red brick and ashlar limestone, add colour and textural interest to the streetscape, and articulate the fa├žade of the building. The carved capitals of the engaged limestone columns were clearly executed by skilled craftsmen.