Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1820
Terraced two-bay four-storey former house over basement, built c. 1810, now in use as retail outlet and flats. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and red brick parapet. Red brick walls to upper floors, with replacement uPVC and timber casement windows. Remains of carved timber shopfront, c. 1880, comprising of pilasters, console, fascia and cornice. Timber fixed window, timber glazed door and timber panelled door to shopfront.
This former house is notable and positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the building. Though interesting features and materials have been replaced, this building retains red brick walls and a slate roof. The remains of the fine carved shopfront is a particularly notable feature of the building. This shopfront is of apparent artistic form and design, and was clearly executed by skilled craftsmen.