Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1820
Terraced two-bay four-storey former house over basement, built c. 1810, now in use as retail outlet and offices. Pitched slate roof with red brick chimneystack and red brick parapet. Red brick walls to upper floors, with replacement aluminium windows. Shopfront with ashlar limestone stall riser, c. 1900, comprising of timber fixed windows and timber panelled door having toplight, flanked by carved colonettes, with fascia and carved entablature above.
This former house is notable and positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the building. Though interesting features and materials have been replaced, this building retains red brick walls and a slate roof. The fine carved shopfront is a particularly notable feature of the building. It is of apparent artistic form and design and was clearly executed by skilled craftsmen.