Categories of Special Interest
1820 - 1830
Corner-sited end-of-terrace two-bay four-storey former house, built c. 1825, now in use as public house. Hipped slate roof with rendered chimneystack and rendered parapet. Rendered walls with moulded render window surrounds to upper floors. Replacement timber casement windows to upper floors. Timber shopfront, c. 1995, to ground floor, with timber fixed windows and timber panelled doors.
This building is a notable and positive addition to the streetscape, due to the scale and form of the building. Located at the corner of two main thoroughfares in the city, Mac Curtain Street and Bridge Street, it acts as an imposing termination to these streets. Though many interesting features and materials have been replaced, this building remains a significant contributor to the architectural heritage of the city.