Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As

Apartment/flat (converted)


1810 - 1830


167714, 72255

Date Recorded


Date Updated



End-of-terrace two-bay three-storey former house over basement, built c. 1820, with dormer attic. Now in use as flats. Pitched and hipped slate roof with rendered parapet, rendered chimneystack and dormer additions. Rendered walls with platbands at sill levels to upper floors. Replacement uPVC windows. Building altered to ground floor, c. 1880. Round-headed door opening to north gable having moulded render surround, timber panelled door and fanlight. Wrought-iron railings set on limestone plinths to basement area, c. 1900.


This former house forms part of a significant group of buildings, built in the early nineteenth century, on both sides of St. Patrick's Hill, the north side of St. Patrick's Place, and part of Sidney Place. These former houses are interesting examples of late Georgian architecture in Cork city. The scale and form of this former house make it a positive addition to the streetscape. The building retains interesting features and materials, such as the moulded render parapet and slate roof, as well as the later moulded render door surround and wrought-iron railings.