Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use


In Use As

Apartment/flat (converted)


1810 - 1830


167720, 72284

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced three-bay three-storey former house over basement, built c. 1820, with dormer attic. Now in use as flats. Pitched slate roof with rendered parapet, rendered chimneystack and flat-roofed dormer addition. Rendered walls with string course between basement and first floor. Timber sash windows, with moulded render surrounds c. 1870. Round-headed door opening, having moulded render surround, replacement timber panelled door and fanlight. Limestone steps and bridge over basement area leading to entrance door. Cast-iron railings set on limestone plinths to basement area.


This former house forms part of a significant group of buildings, built in the early nineteenth century, on both sides of St. Patrick's Hill, the north side of St. Patrick's Place, and part of Sidney Place. These former houses are interesting examples of late Georgian architecture in Cork city. The scale and form of this former house make it a positive addition to the streetscape. The building retains interesting features and materials, such as the moulded render door surround, moulded window surrounds, timber sash windows, and limestone threshold.