Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic

Original Use


In Use As

Bank/financial institution


1805 - 1825


167650, 72153

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced double-pile three-bay four-storey former house over basement, built c. 1815, as part of a terrace with the adjoining houses to the east and west. Now in use as offices. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and red brick parapet. Walls re-faced with new red brick to upper floors and rendered walls to basement, c. 1980. Segmental-arched door opening with pair of Tuscan columns flanking timber panelled door, having fanlight above. Timber fixed and timber sash windows to upper floors, with blocked openings to basement. Flight of limestone steps with cast-iron railings set on limestone plinths to street elevation.


This house forms part of an interesting terrace overlooking the river, which is a notable and imposing piece in the urban landscape. Constructed of red brick, these buildings are a colourful addition to the streetscape. The building retains many interesting features and materials, such as timber sash windows, a fine flight of limestone entrance steps and railings.