Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic

Original Use



1805 - 1825


167601, 72164

Date Recorded


Date Updated



End-of-terrace double-pile three-bay four-storey former house over basement, built c. 1815, as part of a terrace with the adjoining former houses to the east. Now in use as flats. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and red brick parapet. Red brick walls to upper floors, with channelled render to ground and first floors. Timber sash windows to ground floor and upper floors, and timber casement windows to basement. Doorcase altered, with replacement timber panelled doors having canopy above. Flight of limestone steps with cast-iron railings set on limestone plinths to street elevation.


This house forms part of an interesting terrace overlooking the river, which is a notable and imposing piece in the urban landscape. Constructed of red brick, these buildings are a colourful addition to the streetscape. The building retains many interesting features and materials, such as some original windows to the rear, a fine flight of limestone entrance steps and railings, as well as some interior fixture and fittings. These interior features include a fine staircase, timber architraves, and some timber and stucco arches.