Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Corner-sited end-of-terrace two-bay four-storey former house over basement, built c. 1830, now in use as retail outlet and offices. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and red brick parapet. Red brick walls with soldier arches over upper floor window openings. Replacement timber casement windows to upper floors. Shopfront, c. 1900, to the ground floor, comprising of timber fixed window and timber doors, flanked by pilasters with decorative capitals, supporting fascia having decorative consoles and cornice.
Located on a corner site, this house is a fine termination to the adjoining terraces to the south and west, due to the imposing scale and form of the building. Built as part of a group with the adjoining three houses to the south, these houses form part of an early nineteenth-century scheme. The fine early twentieth-century shopfront is a notable addition to the streetscape, and was clearly executed by skilled craftsmen.