Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1830
Terraced three-bay three-storey former house over basement, built c. 1820, with dormer attic. Now in use as surgery. Pitched slate roof with moulded rendered parapet, rendered chimneystack and dormer additions. Rendered walls. Timber sash windows with stone sills. Round-headed door opening with replacement timber panelled door and fanlight. Limestone bridge over basement area leading to entrance door. Cast-iron railings set on limestone plinths to basement area.
This former house forms part of a significant group of buildings, built in the early nineteenth century, on both sides of St. Patrick's Hill, the north side of St. Patrick's Place, and part of Sidney Place. These former houses are interesting examples of late Georgian architecture in Cork city. The scale and form of this former house make it a positive addition to the streetscape. The building retains some features and materials, such as the timber sash windows, limestone threshold and moulded render parapet.