Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


Original Use



1810 - 1830


167679, 72240

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced three-bay three-storey house over basement, built c. 1820, having dormer attic. Now vacant. Pitched tile roof with moulded rendered parapet, rendered chimneystack and dormer windows. Rendered walls with platbands at sill levels to upper floors. Timber sash windows, with moulded render surrounds c. 1870. Carved timber door surround, comprising of pair of pilasters flanking door, with entablature above. Replacement timber panelled door and fanlight. Limestone steps and bridge over basement area leading to entrance door. Cast-iron railings set on limestone plinths to basement area.


This former house forms part of a significant group of buildings, built in the early nineteenth century, on both sides of St. Patrick's Hill, the north side of St. Patrick's Place, and part of Sidney Place. These former houses are interesting examples of late Georgian architecture in Cork city. The scale and form of this former house make it a positive addition to the streetscape. The building retains interesting features and materials, such as the timber door surround, the limestone steps, timber sash windows, and decorative moulded render.