Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic

Original Use



1810 - 1830


167681, 72261

Date Recorded


Date Updated



End-of-terrace two-bay three-storey house over basement, built c. 1820, with dormer attic. Now vacant. Pitched and hipped slate roof with rendered parapet, rendered chimneystack and dormer additions. Rendered walls with platbands at sill levels to upper floors. Timber sash windows, with cast-iron sill guards. Building altered to ground floor, c. 1900. Pair of segmental-arched openings, with moulded render panels, imposts and archivolts to ground floor. Timber panelled and glazed door with fanlight and sidelights, and projecting bay window to ground floor. Polychrome tiled bridge over basement area and wrought-iron railings set on limestone plinths to basement area, also c. 1900.


This former house forms part of a significant group of buildings, built in the early nineteenth century, on both sides of St. Patrick's Hill, the north side of St. Patrick's Place, and part of Sidney Place. These former houses are interesting examples of late Georgian architecture in Cork city. The scale and form of this former house make it a positive addition to the streetscape. The building retains interesting features and materials, such as the moulded render parapet, timber sash windows, and slate roof. The ground floor of the building was altered c. 1900 and retains interesting decorative details of that time, such as the moulded render, wrought-iron railings, stained glazing to the front door.