Survey Data

Reg No

20509106


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

House


In Use As

School


Date

1820 - 1830


Coordinates

168940, 71194


Date Recorded

13/03/1993


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached five-bay two-storey house, c. 1825, with nineteenth-century annexes and detached buildings; seven-bay two-storey flat-roofed classroom extension, c. 1960. Hipped roof with metal covered rolled ridges and wide eaves. Rendered chimney stacks. Dash render finish. Various windows including uPVC c. 1960, six above six and nine above six timber sash windows. Round headed entrance on south elevation with side lights and fanlight with simple fretwork. Panelled window shutters visible from exterior.

Appraisal

Detached early-nineteenth century house. Now used by school and having modified scale and form, but retaining many features, including some internal joinery and several timber sash windows.