1830 - 1835
Seven-bay two-storey limestone ashlar commercial building, c. 1833, with five-bay breakfront having additional three-bay breakfront with sculpture to pediment of Ionic portico; bay-window and porch additions, c. 1880. Flat and double pitched roof with Trocal sheeting and cast iron rooflights. Many late nineteenth century interior elements have been retained, including marble columns with carved and painted foliated capitals, large timber dog-leg staircase with iron balusters, mahogany glazed screens and former cash hatches. Windows have been replaced.
An imposing large classical building with ashlar limestone facing and cut stone details to portico retaining significant elements to the interior and decorative cast iron railings to the front. Occupying a prominent site on the quays.