Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
Detached seven-bay four-storey house, c. 1840; altered and enlarged, c. 1900. Slate hipped roof with parapet to garden front and pedimented bell gabled dormer. Painted render finish with rusticated plasterwork to lower portion of north elevation.
Formerly used as a monastery, this building has been altered to accommodate use as a guest house, but never the less has retained some interior elements such as the staircase. Although the windows have been replaced with uPVC exterior decorative elements such as the bell gable and window surrounds have survived, and the building is situated on a prominent site.