Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1830
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, built 1827; offices to upper floors, retail unit to ground floor. Pitched roof with rendered brick parapet having moulded cornice and plain coping. Rebuilt red brick façade in Flemish bond. Square headed openings to upper floors with cills and soldier arches. Windows are replacement uPVC c. 1990. Modern timber shopfront c. 1990 with large separate entrance to upper floors. Date stone to first floors reads 'The foundation stone of this building was laid by Rich Nevill Parker Esq. Mayor June 13 A.D. 1827'. Street frontage.
Nineteenth century terraced building which despite modification, retains a sense of its original scale and form. As such it is significant in forming a group with others on the terrace, which is in a prominent city centre location.