Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1830
End-of-terrace two-bay three-storey house, built 1827; in use as public house. Pitched roof with rendered chimney stack having oversailing courses. Rendered parapet with moulded cornice and plain coping. Red brick façade in Flemish bond. Square headed openings to upper floors with cills and soldier arches. Timber sliding sash six over six pane windows. Partially remodelled shopfront with three large display windows and double leafed timber panelled entrance door with plain overlight. Two bay side elevation having a painted roughcast render finish. Square headed openings to upper floors with cills and soldier arches, with timber sliding sash six over six pane windows to the upper floors. Modern side entrance door and barred ground floor window. Street frontage.
Terraced early-nineteenth century house, built as part of a scheme for a mile long thoroughfare constructed by the Wide Street Commissioners. Retaining its scale and form generally unaltered. Significant also as one of a group of eleven in this terrace.