Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1895 - 1905
Semi-detached two-bay two-storey house, built 1898; having annexe to rear. Steeply pitched roof with red brick chimney stack having oversailing courses. Gabled dormer window with decorative barge boards to front elevation. Plain render finish with plain string course to first floor cill level. Square headed openings having single pane timber sliding sash windows with overlight to door opening. Moulded architraves to ground floor openings. Garden area to front bounded by low rendered wall with wrought iron gate and railings. Small walled garden to rear.
Well maintained semi-detached house from the turn of the twentieth century, retaining much original fabric. One of a pair, with a flanking pair on the other side of Alverna, providing the street frontage for a distinctive arrangement of houses. Significant due to the relatively unchanged scale and form of the group.