Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1780 - 1800
Terraced two-bay four-storey former house, built c. 1790, now in use offices. Pitched tile roof with brick chimneystack, rooflight and rendered parapet. Rendered walls. Timber sliding sash windows to upper floors. Timber shopfront, c. 1890, comprising of pilasters flanking openings having fascia, cornice and consoles above. Fixed window and timber panelled door to ground floor.
The scale and form of this former house make a notable and positive contribution to the streetscape. This building forms part of a fine terrace of late eighteenth-century and early nineteenth-century houses, which is a significant piece in the urban landscape. This building is enhanced by the retention of interesting features and materials, such as the timber sliding sash windows and late nineteenth-century shopfront.